As technology redefines our industry at warp speed, publishers need a strategy to succeed – and to survive. Our various approaches can help shape your publishing program no matter where you are in the process: from scanning your paper backlist to multi-purposing your digital assets. OBS helps you identify and implement solutions to fit your content and your budget.
We can help:
• Identify industry best practices
• Leverage the latest publishing technologies to streamline your publishing workflows
• Help create business model(s) appropriate for your content and audience, including digital
rights management and institutional subscription
• Scan print books, convert your files, or optimize your PDFs for ePublication
• Create standard or interactive eBooks
• Bring your content to market faster.
Working with OBS, you will maintain control of your content and your customer base. We want to help you prepare for the future while publishing today, so you can begin generating revenues near-term, and your staff learns while doing. OBS provides valuable training for your staff in the latest publishing tools, techniques, and business models.
What We Do
OBS offers a wide range of both print and e-publishing services, tailored to your content and your budget. This year, we partnered with a leading technology firm to add a customized digital storefront to our offerings. The Starter Edition is now available with NO up-front setup cost, and allows you to:
• Integrate eBook production into your existing production workflows
• Gain rapid entry to the market for up to 100 titles, with no up-front setup cost
• Maintain complete control of your content by selling directly to your customers
• Create additional income streams from digital sales
• Build relationships with your e-customers through detailed reporting
Or, you can have your own eBookstore that is flexible and customizeable to your content, audience and budget. Beyond the above capabilities, we also offer such additional features as institutional subscriptions and mobile applications. Once the storefront is up and running, we at OBS can either run it for you, providing detailed sales and customer reports, or we can train your staff to maintain, update, and run your eBookstore independently.
Active in the publishing industry since 1982, OBS excels at and values traditional publishing skills and services – from editing and translation/localization to composition, design, and print production. At the same time, we have extensive experience integrating traditional publishing files and workflows with the latest digital publishing technologies -- call on us to help expand the reach of your publishing program.
Who We Are
Agile, independent, experienced, our team of publishing and IT professionals links to a global network of trusted peers who share a commitment to the high standards of traditional print publishing in an online environment. That’s what sets us apart as a “publisher’s publisher.”
How We Do It
Our multidisciplinary, collaborative teams meet your content needs, ROI requirements, and schedule. You can count on OBS to get your content to market on time, on budget. This process involves steady transferal of our knowledge and skills to your employees, so you can better profit from your online content as it evolves.ShareThis